Vintage Solent IV photos

This is the place to discuss particular Shorts Flying Boat types and post documents, photographs and other relevant information appertaining to these craft.

Vintage Solent IV photos

Postby Stealer » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:29 pm

I found a lot of B&W photos showing the inside of a Solent IV in NZ and a featuring group of schoolchildren. I found them on an old RNZAF forum thread if I remember correctly and I think they were posted there by flyerNZL. I beleive the photos were posted by amember of this forum, but can't remember who or find the thread again. They're definitely not here, but I thought It important ask first as flyerNZL may have the originals, or a lot more from the series we haven't seen. They remind me a lot of the photos of the PanAm Clippers as the inside of a 'boat seem a lot different when you can see the passengers and what they're doing. The thraed also included multiple photos of the various NZ flying boat bases.
Stealer

Re: Vintage Solent IV photos

Postby Stealer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Well, 18 views and no replies, so here are the pictures I mentioned:

Stealer

Re: Vintage Solent IV photos

Postby flyernzl » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:41 am

Those are photos from the Wellington newspaper Evening Post archives, and were taken on board the TEAL Solent at the Evans Bay terminal.

http://rnzaf.proboards.com/index.cgi?bo ... read=11671
flyernzl

Return to Shorts Flying Boats Reference Archive