PHOTOBUCKET SWITCHED BACK ON!

Read this locked posting to find out the easiest way to up-load photo's with your text postings.

Re: PHOTOBUCKET SWITCHED BACK ON!

Postby longshot » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:28 pm

Well , I've never had more than the free account on Photobucket....now , in addition to the logo stamped on forum images I can't access my account to upload or delete or view properly without signing up for a paid account so I'm not going to bother. FLICKR have just announced their free account will be limited to 1000 images from early next year and images over that limit will be removed (I have 2300)...I'm considering whether to pay the $33 dollars or delete to below 1000 and stay free on FLICKR.
longshot

Postby Kiwithrottlejockey » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:25 am

I'm not seeing the PB logos on any images anywhere.

I wonder if the fact I have a paid account a Photobucket is why I don't see those overlaid logos?

And no, I'm not paying that huge rip-off amount they were originally demanding.

I've had a paid Photobucket account for years and I contacted them a year ago and told them I wasn't paying what they were demanding and they offered me the same terms for the same price as what I had been receiving from them for years. However, I was contacted a few weeks ago and told the price for next year and subsequent years would be half what I have paid in the past, so I'm happy with that.
Kiwithrottlejockey

Postby Kiwithrottlejockey » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:29 am

longshot wrote:Well , I've never had more than the free account on Photobucket....now , in addition to the logo stamped on forum images I can't access my account to upload or delete or view properly without signing up for a paid account so I'm not going to bother. FLICKR have just announced their free account will be limited to 1000 images from early next year and images over that limit will be removed (I have 2300)...I'm considering whether to pay the $33 dollars or delete to below 1000 and stay free on FLICKR.

There is ultimately “no such thing as a free lunch” and I've been telling people for ages that it will only be a matter of time before FLICKR starts restricting free accounts.

The cost of running image servers and the cost of the bandwidth associated with them isn't cheap, so it's no wonder image hosting services have been placing restrictions on free hosting accounts.
Kiwithrottlejockey

Postby dogsbody » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:58 pm

I kicked in the money to Flickr. It wasn't that much and in just over a year, I've put over 800 pictures there. I'll wait it out and see what the price will be next year.

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"
dogsbody

Previous

Return to How To Up-Load Photographs To This Forum.