A 'fix' for Photobucket image displays on Firefox....

Read this locked posting to find out the easiest way to up-load photo's with your text postings.

A 'fix' for Photobucket image displays on Firefox....

Postby seawings » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:42 am

Hi All,

As you are all aware the Photobucket image host decided to withdraw their free service and make it all chargeable in the future at an unsustainable high level of funds for us hobbyists.

That has obviously upset everybody and has sent everone looking for alternative solutions; Imger and Flikr image hosts spring to mind (but bear in-mind that they too could in the future pull the plug on free hosting if they become overloaded.)

However, here is a clever 'fix' to return the images previously posted to 'life' by getting around the Photobucket withdrawal and making them all visible again for those using Mozilla Firfox as their browser.

Go here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search

Cut and paste the above and follow the very simple instructions to palce an 'add-on' into your Mozilla files and just like magic the images on this fourm re-appear..!

This fix was developed by 'rubenandres77' on the RevellAtions forum and my persdonal grateful thanks goes out to him/her. Thanks also to Mark J Davies on Hyperscale for the 'heads-up'.

For those using Google Chrome, click here to achieve the same results:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jjgj?hl=en

Obviously, this work-around may not last for long, or it may stay, who knows but if anyone wants to save images straight off of this forum then NOW is the time to do it..!

Cheers,
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Re: A 'fix' for Photobucket image displays on Firefox....

Postby Kiwithrottlejockey » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:38 pm

I can still see all posted images hosted by Photobucket, including the ones from free accounts.

I guess it may be because I already had a paid account at Photobucket, although not the super-expensive one they tried to blackmail people into paying for.

If I log-out of Photobucket (I normally stay logged-In all the time, even when I'm not accessing the site), all those photographs from free accounts disappear.
Kiwithrottlejockey

Re: A 'fix' for Photobucket image displays on Firefox....

Postby seawings » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:03 pm

Yup, that's the issue alright.....
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Return to How To Up-Load Photographs To This Forum.