Beriev Be-200 "Altair" 1:50

This sub-forum is for the dedicated card modellers: those that build scale models entirely from kits manufactured from printed sheets of cardboard - which are then cut out with knives and scissors and glued together. The results can be spectacular.

Re: Beriev Be-200 "Altair" 1:50

Postby seawings » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:17 pm

Krzychu74 wrote:Hello!
Today seats (Fortunately 2 pieces only).
Image Image Image Image

I have a question for you. Whether, in addition Cameraman someone else is interested in this thead? If not, I don`t see much sense to write to myself and I think that would be better if I give photos of the finished model in December or January. I thought this is a forum for enthusiasts of flying boats and I will know your opinions, comments and help... :(

Best regards.
Krzychu74

Hello, Bryan here:

We are ALL interested in what you are posting; it's my guess that we have NEVER seen anything quiite like what you are doing and therefore we are watching what you do, without comment as we have no experience of what you are doing.

We are ALL learning from you and I am fascinated by it.

I just found this website with details that might assist you with the interiors: go here: http://www.aviarus.es.tl/Beriev_200.htm

So, please continue to show us how to develop a card model of the Be-200 and when you have finished it, I will (with your permission) place it into the SEAWINGS Flying Boat shop and you can sell it from there to all of us!!

Just because we are silent does not mean we are not looking: we are, just struck dumb by the incredible lengths you are going to put detail into this model. Remember, not only is the medium of card modeling new to us in the so-called 'Western World' but so is the subject matter; very few of us know anything about the Beriev Be-200, nor have ever seen one close-up. So, you are leading the way for us all.

I look forward, as do the other members, to your future installements!!

Bravo!!

Cheers,
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Postby DavidLegg » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:09 pm

A big 'here here' to Bryan's comments above. Amazing work Krzychu74!

For my own part, I had only stumbled on your sequence of posts in the last day or so, the reason being that I am rather guilty of only looking at the first few categories on the site and rarely exploring further down. I wonder if others are the same? Having looked in more detail at the 'lower' categories recently, I am amazed at the interesting postings to be found, yours included Krzychu74 so do please keep on posting!

Incidentally a friend of mine that I fly with in Plane Sailing's Duxford-based Catalina is also a CAA test pilot and has been involved in test flying the Beriev out of Taganrog.
David Legg
Editor: The Catalina News, The Catalina Society
Author: Consolidated PBY Catalina - The Peacetime Record
DavidLegg

Postby TASSE » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:07 am

Hi krzychu
What thickness paper/card are you using ?

Looking forward to seeing the finished model.

Cheers TASSE.
TASSE

Postby Krzychu74 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:14 am

Hello!
Forgive me please but I had a few days break in the design. Now I`m back to the work. I see that someone is interested what I show here. Thank you very much for your comments. :)
Cameraman : thank you! Next phase will be unrolling of the parts.
seawings: thank you for link! I see there passenger version of beriev Be-200 (Be-210). Maybe in the future I will make this type of this aircraft. Who knows...
Paper models are increasingly popular in Western Europe, USA and all over the world. Although their popularity is not as big as plastic models, but it is growing. Much of the credit of Internet and the possibility of purchasing by the Internet or download the models (free models), printing and gluing little financial cost.
I give my models to shop of Ecarmodes.com but I don`t see any problem to add this model to shop on Seawings.co.uk. It will be honour for me. :)
DavidLegg: thank you! I`m glat that my design like you. :) Pity that your friend is not here on the forum (I think). I think he could explain a lot about this plane.
TASSE: thank you! For formers I plane use card 1 and 0,5 mm (0,039 inch and 0.019 inch), rest parts will be on 0,2 mm (0,007inch) paper. Maybe this link will be helpful to convert thickness: http://www.geoghegan.us/cardstock.htm

Ok, Time to show next step of design. Today ladder, bench and rack on the rescue stretchers, which are in the rear of the plane.
Image Image Image

I hope soon interior will be ready. :)

Best regards:
Krzychu74
Krzychu74

Postby Krzychu74 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:20 am

Hello!
Interior is ready.
Image Image Image Image

Best regards.
Krzychu74
Krzychu74

Postby Krzychu74 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:25 am

Hello!
Beriev in 3D is ready.
Image Image Image Image

Now time for unrolling of parts.

Best regards.
Krzychu74
Krzychu74

Postby Cameraman » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:45 am

Hi Krzychu,

it's getting exciting now!

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Postby Krzychu74 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:16 am

Hello!
Thanks Reggie! :)
Time to show the first parts and instruction.
Image Image Image

Best regards.
Krzychu74
Krzychu74

Postby Cameraman » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:16 am

Hi Krzchu74,

so how long would it take you to complete much a model, once all the printing work has been done?

Could you produce some helpful building tips etc?

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Postby seawings » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:20 am

Krzychu74 wrote:Hello!
Thanks Reggie! :)
Time to show the first parts and instruction.
Image Image Image

Best regards.
Krzychu74

I personally can't wait to see one finished! I might even have a go myself........looks absolutely fantastic!

Well done........... :D
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Card & Paper Models