Savoia S.21 Schneider trophy rc-model

This is the place to discuss and ultimately show-off all aspects of constructing and actually flying your radio-control flying boat models. Pictures of construction, materials used, finishing and action shots of them flying, are very welcome.

Re: Savoia S.21 Schneider trophy rc-model

Postby Kuni » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:53 am

Hello Roy,

How perfect can you get ?
I'm trying to find it out at every model. But too often compromise gets in the way of perfection...

Thanks for your kind words. After seeing your model-art (the Supermarine Sea-lion for example) I know where I want to be some day.
I hope I can present a video of both models together soon.

Regards,
Rene
Kuni

Postby Kuni » Tue May 03, 2011 8:26 am

Hi all,

I was at a waterplane meeting last weekend.
Unfortunately it was way too much wind to fly the models, but we found a small beech for some foto-taxiing with both prototype Savoia S.21' and the bigger S.65

Hope you like the pictures...

Regards,
Rene
Kuni

Postby Kuni » Mon May 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi,

we now have a video: http://www.rcmovie.de/video/725e69cf494 ... ndsee-2011

From the middle of the video you can see both prototypes flying. Hope you like it...

Regards,
Rene
Kuni

Postby mcg » Fri May 20, 2011 9:06 pm

Great video, Kuni. They fly very well. I especially enjoyed the slow motion sequence at the landing. Michael
mcg

Postby BillG » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Beautiful Kuni. Love the vintage racing seaplanes. Looks similar to the Sea Lion, where Roy sent me a drawing a while back. I may built it soon, and your plane is inspiring.
It's been a bit of a bummer this summer that there are no scheduled rc seaplane meets anywhere near where I live. Haven't flown a single one, of the growing unmaidened fleet. I'm thinking of just stopping by some nearby large ponds and trying to get to know the owners. Seems to be the only way to get these in the air.
BillG

Postby Kuni » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:59 am

Hi Bill,

thanks for the kind words.
I like her very much and have flown her more often than any previous model during the same time.

Here is another video, taken at the Grundlsee-meeting in Austria: http://www.rcmovie.de/video/6b943147c4d ... avoia-S-21

Regards,
Rene
Kuni

Previous

Return to Radio-Control Flying Boat Models