Insurance for Commercial Flying Boat ops down under

If YOU run a business that includes the use of flying boats and seaplanes, whether it's for tourisim or commercial gain, please let us share the photo's and details of your craft here.

Insurance for Commercial Flying Boat ops down under

Postby Rajay » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:46 pm

I know that this is a long shot, but are there any forum members here from Australia or New Zealand who could give some advice or insight about the costs of insurance for a new resort island charter/shuttle operation using a Grumman G-21A Goose?

I'm just trying to help out a friend who is trying to sell his Goose here in the US and the people who are most interested so far want to use it for the mission described above - and the insurance quotes that they've gotten already sound astronomical.

I have no idea what amount of time in type their prospective pilot(s) have but from what I have read so far, maybe they just need to find different pilots with much more time in type.
Rajay

Re: Insurance for Commercial Flying Boat ops down under

Postby flyernzl » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:42 pm

Can't give you facts and figures obviously, but I can suggest that your people contact Avsure in New Zealand, http://www.avsure.co.nz/

They are based at Ardmore airfield, which is a good sign, have local knowledge and seem to have a sizeable share of the aviation insurance market around here.
flyernzl

Return to Flying Boat & Seaplane Commercial Operators