Skimmer #6

This is the place to showcase YOUR pride and joy! You will know that 99.9% of us flying boat & seaplane enthusiasts will never get the chance to actually own the 'real thing', so that places you in a very enviable position ! Share with us the photo's and details of YOUR craft so that we can all enjoy it!

Skimmer #6

Postby skimmerone » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Serial number 6 was sold this past winter to Peter Treichler from the Buffalo NY area. We managed to get it one short flight of instruction before he flew it from Great Barrington, Mass. He is just the right owner for her. He has a natural touch, and A&P, airline pilot, SES rating and some Seabee time, and loves older planes. George Newberry of the Binghamton area restored her in the 1990s and did a very nice job. The next owner updated the prop to an MT three blade, but hated the airplane. Having known this Skimmer for a long time, I am going to guess that it has very little total time on the airframe (maybe less than 500) and very few hours on an engine overhaul. I had a chance to fly her a few times after an annual, but not off the water due to freezing temperatures. Then Peter came and took her away. Other than that he is a real nice guy!

I decided to show his amphibian off for him! This photo is also in the Lake and Colonial reference file.
skimmerone

Return to Flying Boat & Seaplane Owners Log - Show off YOUR flying boat here