Russian WWII floatplane - On-2 - Cracking Walk-round

Use this section for Floatplane & Seaplane discussion for the period and era shown ONLY. You may post pictures, plans and requests for information on any type, past or present, here.

Russian WWII floatplane - On-2 - Cracking Walk-round

Postby seawings » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:20 pm

Igor Kolokolov is a very good contact of mine and he is one of a very small band of (Russian) chaps that travels the world photographic stuff; and in his case mainly aircraft.

He has recently visited the Russian flying boat show, and whilst I wait with bated breath for these to come through, I spotted this in his latest Blog and thought you all might like to see it. It's a (I think) WWII floatplane type, designated (I think On-2) but with the language difficulties it could be anything. Bit more research required, but at least we have this superb walk-round. That is what is fascinating about these Russian Blog sites, they show you things and places that you will never get to see and at least Igor knows what us aircraft enthusiasts want when he does get there to see them! Scroll down and take a look at his other stuff, it's supreme.

Click here: http://igor113.livejournal.com/100258.html

Cheers,
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Re: Russian WWII floatplane - On-2 - Cracking Walk-round

Postby TASSE » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:54 pm

Its the Polikarpov U-2. Po-2. Correctly CSS-13. It was built with adaptions for many uses.

There was an extensive article on it in Aircraft Modelworld June 1986.

Great photos thanks.

TASSE.
TASSE

Return to Float Planes and Seaplanes ONLY - WWII