Romano R-15

Use this section for Floatplane & Seaplane discussion for the period and era shown ONLY. You may post pictures, plans and requests for information on any type, past or present, here.

Romano R-15

Postby AquilaAudax » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:34 am

Hello Seawinger's

I am trying to find more information on the Romano R-15 amphibious floatplane from 1933. I have a copy of the notes in Jean Liron's Album du Spotter article and a short note from Aviation Magazine #352. I have seen only two photographs, a 3/4 front view of the aircraft sitting on it's wheels on a beach and a side view (in the AviMag #352 notes), presumably taken at the same time

Did Les Ailes ever publish some notes on the R-15 - I haven't come across any in my searches (but I could easily have missed something).

Does anybody have access to a print of either photo and is able to obtain a high-res scan ?

Cheers,

Aquila Audax
AquilaAudax

Re: Romano R-15

Postby EdCraft » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Only these:
- "Les Ailes" 1932-07-07:

- "L'Aeronautique" 1933-12:

RUSHYDRO project
EdCraft

Re: Romano R-15

Postby AquilaAudax » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:56 am

Hello EdCraft,

Thank you very much for those extracts - well spotted - every little bit helps !

Some of the data in the L'Aeronautique table is different to that in Jean Liron's Album du Spotter - which unfortunately is not unusual for the more obscure French types. In the end it may be a question of which one do I believe (??).

Cheers, Ray
AquilaAudax

Return to Float Planes and Seaplanes ONLY - Between the Wars