RAAF 10 Squadron

This is the place to seek - or to post information about - Flying Boat Squadron crew personnel, Civilian crew personnel or Ground personnel, from any era. Use it to seek out contacts or to record and describe their (or your) exploits for posterity and any crew photographs you may find to post.

RAAF 10 Squadron

Postby apiderw » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:20 am

I am trying to track down Robert Charles HOGARTH 429094. He flew with 10 SQDN from 22 August 1044 until 27 June 1945.

I have his Servive Record from Archives in Canberra and have been in touch with various maritime associations in Australia. But no luck. He was born 31 October 1921 so on the law of averages he may have passed to his Reward,

Any ideas?
apiderw

Re: RAAF 10 Squadron

Postby apiderw » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:18 am

Members might be interested........I did a few follow ups to locate this man who was a fellow pilot with my late Father when they had to ditch their Mark III Sunderland shortly after take off out of RAF Alness in April 1945

Luck was with me and he was located hale and hearty at aged 90 in North Sydney. Had a great chat with him and it filled in a few missing gaps.
apiderw

Postby antipodeanandy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:45 am

Nicely done, mate.

If you have anything you can share, I'd love to hear more about your Dad either on board or via email.
Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library - Jorge Luis Borges
antipodeanandy

Postby apiderw » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:18 am

yes I am slowly piecing all the bits together....just waiting on the RAF Air Historical Branch material. I have RAF Hendon's Incident card [and its fairly brief]. Not quite sure what to expect as in April 1945 a Mark III Sunderland wasn't exactly the most treasured flying machine in 'ol Blighty.
apiderw

Return to Flying Boat crews - Contacts and Requests