FW 58.

Use this section for Floatplane & Seaplane general discussion where it does not fit into the catagories below ONLY. You may post pictures, plans and requests for information on any type, past or present, here.

FW 58.

Postby TASSE » Fri May 22, 2009 9:39 pm

Has anyone got photos of the Focke-Wulf 58 float version ?

TASSE.
TASSE

Re: FW 58.

Postby AquilaAudax » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:49 am

Hi Tasse

Attached is a photo of the Fw 58 See (V-9; D-ODFN) from Bruno Lange's Das Buch der Deutschen Luftfahrttechnik

and one from Heinz Nowarra's Die Deutsche Luftrustung 1933-1945.

Cheers
Aquila Audax
AquilaAudax

Postby dogsbody » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:45 pm

Aquila, may I ask which format are you using, when you copy from PhotoReflex? Are you using " Thumbnail for forums" ? That is the preferred format to use.
The way it is now, only part of the image can be seen and I can't get a larger view.
Using " Thumbnail for forums " allows the viewer to click on to the posted image so that the whole, full size picture can be seen.

Thanks for posting these nice pics.
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"
dogsbody

Postby solidmodeler » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:54 pm

I right-click the picture and choose "view image" (on the Firefox browser. IE doesn't have that option) which allows me to see the whole thing.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really care for the thumbnails that much because it takes me away from the forum to the Photoreflex site where I have to click again to see the original size image.
solidmodeler

Postby MrWidgeon » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:12 pm

Aquila, Dogsbody et al,
I don't like leaving the forum page either so I've been using the Hotlink for Forums link which gives you =

url=http://www.photoreflex.net/]Image[/url]

Then I delete everything in front of [img] http: and then [/url] at the back end of the link and that leaves me with the ful size image that I copied in.
If this posts as I see it here in preview then everything to the left of the bottom of the photo and the bracketed /url at the lower right should be deleted.
(I had to erase the first bracket in order to show the info to be deleted)
Let's see if this works.
In water flying attitude is everything
MrWidgeon

Postby dogsbody » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:58 am

solidmodeler wrote:I right-click the picture and choose "view image" (on the Firefox browser. IE doesn't have that option) which allows me to see the whole thing.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really care for the thumbnails that much because it takes me away from the forum to the Photoreflex site where I have to click again to see the original size image.

It may be fine with you, but not everyone has Firefox and those people, including myself, can't see the whole picture. Please think of all the members when you post an image here.
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"
dogsbody

Postby AquilaAudax » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:06 am

Hi All

Sorry about the oversize images - I have only just figured out how to use the attachment system and just took the first option out of sheer relief !!. I will use smaller scans in future so they come out a reasonable size.

Incidentally, if you right click the image and save it to your hard drive you will get the full picture.

Cheers
Aquila Audax
AquilaAudax

Postby TASSE » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:02 pm

Well it wont work for me. No way, No way.

Regards TASSE.
TASSE

Postby solidmodeler » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Now I just open the Photoreflex thumbnail links into separate tabs, allowing me to look at the full images and read the thread at the same time(almost).
solidmodeler

Postby AquilaAudax » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:38 am

Hi all

I will attempt to post some thumbnails for the photos that 'overflowed' last time.

url=http://www.photoreflex.net/viewer.php?file=18damm3od0y0hic80tq.jpg]Image[/url]

Fingers crossed !

Cheers

Aquila Audax
AquilaAudax

Next

Return to Float Planes and Seaplanes ONLY - General Discussion