Hello! An Introduction and a question

Use this section for Floatplane & Seaplane general discussion where it does not fit into the catagories below ONLY. You may post pictures, plans and requests for information on any type, past or present, here.

Hello! An Introduction and a question

Postby SleeperService » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi There

I'm Nick Perry from Long Eaton, Derbyshire and have been model making on and off for most of my 53 years. I'm in IPMS and MAFVA (for treaded things) and am active on BritModeller. I work in 48th as my fingers, eyes and brain can't handle 72nd any more.

I've been planning a 48th scratch build for a while and have settled on the Savoia Marchetti S65S, possibly the most beautiful plane built. The Late Roy Tassell posted up some images including drawings. Are these still available anywhere please? I am dropping not so subtle hints about Schneiderman's book that I've just found out about too.

TIA
SleeperService

Re: Hello! An Introduction and a question

Postby EdCraft » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:25 am

RUSHYDRO project
EdCraft

Postby schneiderman » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:56 pm

Hi SS,

Subtle hint received! I'm sure that you intend to buy a copy of my book :D , but what can I do to help you?

Ralph
schneiderman

Postby SleeperService » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:21 am

@Edcraft Thank You so much for those links, you have a much better Google than mine is! I shall have stern words with my PC later. Those are exactly what I was looking for and a lot more besides! :D

@schneiderman The subtle hints are directed at my brother who owes me big time, I think he may have understood after I e-mailed him the Amazon link. As you've so kindly replied I assume that this lovely craft is covered in your book :?:

I have Harry Woodman's Aircraft Detailing Bible somewhere, have scratch built several AFVs, have the inclination and desire so I think this project will be a good one. I have a couple on the line already so she will be number 3.
SleeperService

Postby schneiderman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Yes the S65 is included in detail. There are two full-page 3-view drawings, one of the early configuration and one as it appeared at Calshot.
Google is indeed your friend but in this case it will direct you to a whole range of erroneous drawings. There are few original sources of data for this aircraft, which made producing my drawings a bit of a challenge, but I am confident that they are the most accurate available so I would urge you not to start work until you have seen them.
Get in touch once you have the book and I will provide extra info. for you.
Cheers
schneiderman

Postby SleeperService » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:46 am

schneiderman wrote:Yes the S65 is included in detail. There are two full-page 3-view drawings, one of the early configuration and one as it appeared at Calshot.
Google is indeed your friend but in this case it will direct you to a whole range of erroneous drawings. There are few original sources of data for this aircraft, which made producing my drawings a bit of a challenge, but I am confident that they are the most accurate available so I would urge you not to start work until you have seen them.
Get in touch once you have the book and I will provide extra info. for you.
Cheers

It's taken long enough but Thanks to a link from BritModeller I've finally found this site again AND my notebook with log-in details. Computers are great except when they're not!

I received this book this last Christmas from my Brother and it is wonderful! A real labour of love.

There's a Flying Boat & Seaplane GB going off over there but TBH I've decided that a scratch-build aircraft is a bit beyond me at the moment. I'll be going for a Bolingbroke Mk III instead from a 48th Sanger vac-form. Baby Steps Nick, Baby Steps.

However the S65 is very firmly in my sights now!
SleeperService

Postby schneiderman » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:45 pm

:o Oh no, not even a flying boat or a seaplane. Still, never mind. When the S65 is back in your sights just let me know and I will assist where I can.
schneiderman

Postby SleeperService » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:15 pm

schneiderman wrote::o Oh no, not even a flying boat or a seaplane. Still, never mind. When the S65 is back in your sights just let me know and I will assist where I can.

Ah-Ha It was a float-plane at least for a while. It's a start! :D
SleeperService

Return to Float Planes and Seaplanes ONLY - General Discussion