What's new entries

This is the place to ask for ideas such as finding a flying boat themed bar or club, share good places to find flying boat memorabilia, rate flying boat-related museums/movies/sims, and otherwise talk, well...... flying boats!! Obviously politics, swearing, rants, and trolling are right out. Anyone breaking this simple rule will be warned, then banned if repeated. Now, enjoy..!!

What's new entries

Postby seamaster » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi all, just wanted to know if the last "What's new" entry is dated 10 January 2015 for everyone. IT people have been updating our servers, firewalls and desktops in the last while and I am wondering.

Louis
seamaster

Re: What's new entries

Postby dogsbody » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:07 pm

Do you mean here on the forum or on the Seawings website?

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"
dogsbody

Postby seamaster » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:45 pm

My bad, I meant the website.

lOUIS
seamaster

Postby dogsbody » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:31 am

No, no new updates since January. Bryan still has a regular job that takes up a lot of his time and there are family obligations, too. He probably has a huge stash of material that he's just waiting to post there. Patience.

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"
dogsbody

Postby seawings » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:30 am

Hi All,

Dogsbody is being extremely kind with his words but I have to say that, Yes, it's my fault entirely; this year has been one of the worse I can remember for all sorts of the wrong reasons for not allowing me the time - and the pleasure - of working on the main SEAWINGS website.

I can't really go into too much detail (I could, but trust me it's too upsetting; besides, this isn't the right place for that sort of discussion) but suffice to say that 31st December last year turned our family world upside down and created a family life/death environment that we have had to live through since then with the re-occurence of an issue that we had already suffered for the previous three years with No.1 Son and coupled with that this time, No. 2 son as well.

Since then our (Sandy (Wife) and mine's) life has been 'on-hold' as they say. What we have been through - again - is a living hell and anyone out there that clicks onto what I''m actually referring to will know that from their own experience.

However, during that period I have continued to receive the most amazing amount of flying boat reference material from every source imaginable - including some of you Guys - and all my 'spare' time was taken just receiving and recording the flow and sorting it into the archive, all of which takes a fair amount of computer time. There has been no time whatsoever for working on anything else; decorating, gardening, frankly anything - as the weekends and virtually every other evening has been spent visiting a secure hospital facility....... so what little I could do was a great source of relaxation as everything else outside of looking at this monitor has been sh*te of the highest order.

So, bringing it up-to-date as of today, recovery has been the name of the game as far as they is concerned and they have both made good progress after much (very) serious treastments of various kinds; we are not out of the woods as yet but there is light at the end of the tunnel and if progress continues at this rate then by 31st Dec this year it should be a much better situation, thankfully.

I have kept quiet about this episode as I am a private person - only a couple of members have known of these issues - but given the question above (thank you by the way) I feel it's only fair to mention what the reason actually is, and why. I can't see why it cannot be put 'out there' as frankly I am so fed up with the whole situation and just want to get on with mine, and Sandy's life again.

Do me a favour everyone, please don't reply to this post as I don't want multiple 'Sorry to hear' posts clogging up this Forum; besides, it's just something we have had to go through that I wouldn't wish on anyone; if anyone wants to contact me, please email me off board. Thanks.

Ok, back to 'normal' life with the next poster......please!
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Postby Fred » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:14 pm

Good to know that; thank you for answering.

All the best
Fred
Fred

Return to The place to have a general chat and share stuff..........