At Last!

This is the place to ask for ideas such as finding a flying boat themed bar or club, share good places to find flying boat memorabilia, rate flying boat-related museums/movies/sims, and otherwise talk, well...... flying boats!! Obviously politics, swearing, rants, and trolling are right out. Anyone breaking this simple rule will be warned, then banned if repeated. Now, enjoy..!!

At Last!

Postby dogsbody » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:42 am

Finally! I've been jonesing for my Flyingboat fix. That took for-friggin'-ever!

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"
dogsbody

Re: At Last!

Postby MrWidgeon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:52 am

AMEN Brother, AMEN.
Same here.
In water flying attitude is everything
MrWidgeon

Postby dogsbody » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:21 am

Haha. " Beavering " means something altogether different, here in Canada.

Don't bother looking it up on GOOGLE, unless you've got the safesearch turned to " strict."

Chris
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
dogsbody

Postby dogsbody » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:00 pm

TonyR wrote:Censored! You are rude chaps you colonials - but I do know what it means - I'm a big fan of the DHC-2!!

Close enough for a polite forum like this one. As I am " The Moderator " I have to keep this place clean. Not a hard job at all, with everyone here being pure gentlemen.

Chris
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
dogsbody

Postby seawings » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:06 pm

In the imortal line from the movie Independence Day..............'Hello Boys, I'm BACK'...!! (Apologies to Bimble and others...)

Phew, what a week this has been, but it's all over now; we are now running on super-charged, all-singing, state-of-the-art fast and powerful servers that will keep us good and healthy for a fair while to come.

I have to say that the ForumLaunch team (formerly Hosting Delivered - Yes, they are the same people) have done a cracking job, albeit it took a whiler longer than they anticipated.

Coupled to all of that, my pc has had to go into the 'shop' to have a new disc drive fitted this same week, the old one broke and caused havoc to other systems, God knows why but it did, and I have only just finished installing it 10 mins ago. Pass the beer......

So, to everyone that emailed me during this past week, thanks so much for your patience whilst we got thios sorted across four separate continents and three different time-zones. However, I am going to say there were - albeit reletively few - some instant emails that were less than complimentary, a sort of a 'I know what has happened' - even before asking me, so give me a minute to let me say this:

I strive to keep this forum 'top-of-the-league' and I take my responsibilities very seriously as I know how valuable a tool this forum has become for you all, as well as a place to 'hang out' and chat flying boats. Indeed, the attention to detail from the experts on this forum staggers me and leaves me with a feeling of immense pride that between us all we can make this such a decent and knowledgable place to be.

I choose who I work with very carefully, and who I allow to 'get close' to this forum and I have to say that the hosters are first-class in the time that I have worked with them and they would not just 'pack up'. Neither would I.

So, if something like this ever happens again, cut us some slack while we work through it for the benefit of us all, please.

Right, back to work.

See you all in the postings!
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Return to The place to have a general chat and share stuff..........