Temora flying weekend Jan 30/31 2010

Use this section for pictures of various flying boats and amphibians taken at this type of meeting. Also for announcements of forthcoming gatherings and reports on shows that flying boats attended.

Temora flying weekend Jan 30/31 2010

Postby antipodeanandy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:15 am

Hi guys

My first post here and since I'm a flying boat lover but not an expert I thought I'd start with something easy. The HARS Catalina attended the Temora Aviation Museum's first flying weekend for 2010 at the end of January. It was the first time I had seen a Catalina fly (I went to the UK in 1999 but the Plane Sailing Cat had her accident earlier in the year, IIRC) and it really had an impact on me the way she rumbled around the airfield. Really hit home how long and slow the RAAF's Black Cat mining ops were. Anyway, here's some average pics of her in her new paint job. HARS have a turret for her but all in good time. ;)

Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library - Jorge Luis Borges
antipodeanandy

Re: Temora flying weekend Jan 30/31 2010

Postby dogsbody » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Well, for a first posting, it a qreat one. Nice pictures and welcome to the forum.
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"
dogsbody

Re: Temora flying weekend Jan 30/31 2010

Postby antipodeanandy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Thanks, dogsbody, wish I had more pics but there might be more of a chance to see a flying Cat in Australia once Qantas gets their example's engine problem sorted.
Andy Wright
Aircrew Book Review
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library - Jorge Luis Borges
antipodeanandy

Return to Flying Boat Fly-In's, Airshow's, Meetings & Gatherings