Fermanagh Seaplane Festival 2011

Use this section for pictures of various flying boats and amphibians taken at this type of meeting. Also for announcements of forthcoming gatherings and reports on shows that flying boats attended.

Re: Fermanagh Seaplane Festival 2011

Postby Cameraman » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi Guys n Gals,

well I've not heard from our friends over in Ireland yet but the ferry tickets are booked for myself and my co photographer Ken. It's about a 320 mile ride, + ferry, to get there so let's hope that we get a warm Irish welcome. Aiming to arrive mid to late afternoon on the Friday. Can anyone suggest a local'ish B&B that we could stay at for the Fri & Sat nights?

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Postby seaplanefestival » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:53 pm

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response, as you can imagine the office has been very busy trying to sort out the festival. We look forward to seeing you and your names have been added to our media pass list! :)

As for accomadation, I can recommend the Belmore Court inn, but there is a range of other accomadation availabe via the Fermanagh tourist board, Ihave included some links below!

Regards

Maeve

http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/Fermanagh-Tourist-Information-Centre-Enniskillen-P6908

http://www.motel.co.uk/?r=3818003&gclid=COab_peV96oCFW4KtAodwAt6Ig
seaplanefestival

Postby Cameraman » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:17 am

Hi Maeve,

great to hear from you.

I can imagine it's been a bit hectic of late!

Ken and I will be arriving late afternoon (should the Belfast ferry be on time) and we plan to be at the event late on Friday and throughout the Saturday and Sunday. You won't miss us, as we'll be arriving by motorcycles , be wandering about with big cheesy grins and looking at the World through digital SLR's! If the weather's kind then I'll be clicking away from dawn until after dusk!

Talking of motorcycles, I note from the website that there's no car parking at the event, so will there be room for a couple of camera laden motorcycles?

I really hope that this event grows from strength to strength, as this is a rare opportunity to witness these aircraft operating in their natural environment.

We'll use your links to book the hotel.

Thanks again and we look forward to meeting up with the team.

Regards

Stuart (Reggie) Martindale
Last edited by Cameraman on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cameraman

Postby Cameraman » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:00 am

Hi Guys n Gals,

so which of our members are coming along over the weekend and would any of you like to meet up for a pint of the dark stuff?

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Postby DavidLegg » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:10 am

I'll be there but rather busy I suspect! We can look out for each other. I'll be with the big white one!
David Legg
Editor: The Catalina News, The Catalina Society
Author: Consolidated PBY Catalina - The Peacetime Record
DavidLegg

Postby seaplanefestival » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Cameraman wrote:there's no car parking at the event, so will there be room for a couple of camera laden motorcycles?

Hello!

Unfortunatly we cannot allow parking on the site, but there will be a park and ride facillity running from St. Angelo Airport, which very close to the site and where our office is based!

Just to give you a quick schedule of things that will happening,

Friday, a few Seaplanes will land in the town of Enniskillen (Just by the Castle)as a teaser to the main event.

Saturday/Sunday, Festival gates will be open from 10am and all the fun will begin from there, and not only will there be all the wonderful aircrafts! But also family friendly entertainment, live music and a food market!

We also have a few other aircrafts comming that we will be announcing very shortly!

Maeve
seaplanefestival

Postby Cameraman » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:18 pm

DavidLegg wrote:I'll be there but rather busy I suspect! We can look out for each other. I'll be with the big white one!

Hi David,

you'll be easily spotted that's for sure!!!!!!

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Postby Cameraman » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:20 pm

seaplanefestival wrote:
Cameraman wrote:there's no car parking at the event, so will there be room for a couple of camera laden motorcycles?

Hello!

Unfortunatly we cannot allow parking on the site, but there will be a park and ride facillity running from St. Angelo Airport, which very close to the site and where our office is based!

Just to give you a quick schedule of things that will happening,

Friday, a few Seaplanes will land in the town of Enniskillen (Just by the Castle)as a teaser to the main event.

Saturday/Sunday, Festival gates will be open from 10am and all the fun will begin from there, and not only will there be all the wonderful aircrafts! But also family friendly entertainment, live music and a food market!

We also have a few other aircrafts comming that we will be announcing very shortly!

Maeve

Hi Marve,

we're getting excited now, it's not far off.

Fingers crossed for fair weather.

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Postby seawings » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:21 am

Reggie, say 'Hi' to everyone from me...........

Getting quite jealous! ;)
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Postby Cameraman » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:57 pm

seawings wrote:Reggie, say 'Hi' to everyone from me...........

Getting quite jealous! ;)

Hi Bryan,

of course I will and there'll be plenty of images for you to post as well.

Shame our leader can't be there this year but let's aim for the next event eh?

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

PreviousNext

Return to Flying Boat Fly-In's, Airshow's, Meetings & Gatherings