Fermanagh Seaplane Festival 2011

Use this section for pictures of various flying boats and amphibians taken at this type of meeting. Also for announcements of forthcoming gatherings and reports on shows that flying boats attended.

Fermanagh Seaplane Festival 2011

Postby seaplanefestival » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:10 pm

Do you like beautiful surroundings?
Fancy a great day of family fun?
Do you like planes that land on water?
Have you ever actually seen a plane that lands on water?

Here is your chance, from 23rd to 25th September 2011, the beautiful Lakeland’s of Fermanagh shall celebrate the second ‘Fermanagh Seaplane Festival’, one of the most unique festivals in Europe. Aircraft from across Europe shall travel to the area to promote the beauty of the Lakeland’s to an international audience.

The first festival took place in 2009 and was a massive success, so the organisers with kind support from NITB and Waterways Ireland have set about making the 2011 event bigger and better, providing visitors with a superb two and a half days that they won’t forget.

The core event will be taking place on the original Catalina base on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th September and shall include an all round family fun event, whilst celebrating the historical, cultural and aviation links the area has with Flying boats and (in more recent times) the arrival of other Seaplanes (Lakelandseaplanetours.com). Full list of planes attending will be announced next week!

Other key attractions will include, live music, Continental Food & Craft Market, Kids entertainment, Seaplane Leisure Trips, Model Seaplanes displays, Historical & Educational Displays etc

If you are interested in being kept up to date, organisers are encouraging you to sign up to one of their various communication outlets:

Email: familyfun@fermanaghseaplanefestival.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fermanaghseaplanefestival
Twitter: @Seaplanes2011

For PR and General inquires email any member of the team below:

maeve@fermanaghseaplanefestival.com
shauna@fermanaghseaplanefestival.com
stacey@fermanaghseaplanefestival.com

Parties interested in finding out more about sponsorship/exhibition opportunities should contact info@lakeandairevents.com
seaplanefestival

Re: Fermanagh Seaplane Festival 2011

Postby seawings » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone thought of ways of actually getting there?

What's the nearest airport, accomodation and car hire like? I've got a feeling that it's going to be Cork or Dublin on Ryanair and a long drive......?

Just thinking.......... ;)
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Postby seaplanefestival » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:03 pm

seawings wrote:What's the nearest airport, accomodation and car hire like? I've got a feeling that it's going to be Cork or Dublin on Ryanair and a long drive......?

The nearest airports would be Belfast or Dublin and car hire is available there.
On our website we have directions from Belfast, dublin, Cork and Galway to the festival site. If you email stacey@fermanaghseaplanefestival.com with accomodation queries she will be able to advise you on the best option :)
seaplanefestival

Postby seaplanefestival » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:54 pm

Just an update to let you all know that the Fermanagh Seaplane Festival for the first time willl play host to one of the most famous flying boats, The Catalina...
The Catalina’s have a long and outstanding history within Fermanagh and the seaplane festival will celebrate the 70th anniversary, with the return of the Catalina to the shores of lough Erne.

seaplanefestival

Postby seawings » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:03 pm

seaplanefestival wrote:Just an update to let you all know that the Fermanagh Seaplane Festival for the first time willl play host to one of the most famous flying boats, The Catalina...
The Catalina’s have a long and outstanding history within Fermanagh and the seaplane festival will celebrate the 70th anniversary, with the return of the Catalina to the shores of lough Erne.

Excellent! Which Catalina is coming?
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Postby seaplanefestival » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:30 am

The Catalina is the PBY Catalina from Duxford England – it is scheduled to do water operations on the lough, this will be the first this has happened in 70yrs.
seaplanefestival

Postby DavidLegg » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:50 pm

seawings wrote:Hi All,

Has anyone thought of ways of actually getting there?

You can probably guess how I'm getting there :D
David Legg
Editor: The Catalina News, The Catalina Society
Author: Consolidated PBY Catalina - The Peacetime Record
DavidLegg

Postby Cameraman » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:26 am

Hi David,

well done that man.

I'm hoping to be at the event, riding from Lancashire before getting back as quick as possible, to attend to Helitech show at Duxford. Wished I had a time machine rather than a little motorcycle!

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Postby seaplanefestival » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:05 am

David and Reggie,

So glad you will be attending the festival, all of the seaplane team look forward to seeing you on the shores of Lough Erne very soon! :)

Regards

Maeve and Shauna
seaplanefestival

Postby Cameraman » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:11 am

Hi Maeve n Shauna,

so can I assume that my media access has been granted then?

If so I'll make my ferry bookings!

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Next

Return to Flying Boat Fly-In's, Airshow's, Meetings & Gatherings