Italy Seaplanebase Comer See

Any photos, plans, drawings, directions, helpful hints on visting places where flying boats have been operated from historically, or are being operated from today. I am always interested in receiving 'Then & Now' type photographs to assist current day visitors to these place. I'm trying to record the best places to visit before they disappear for ever.

Italy Seaplanebase Comer See

Postby makemyday » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:30 am

I visit the Airplane Base Comer See Italy This Week and its Amazing.... here some Pics of the planes there...
a 45min Flight for 2 Persons cost 150 Euros...

And i see This....

makemyday

Re: Italy Seaplanebase Comer See

Postby Cameraman » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi Makemyday,

so how many fights did you take then?

What a cracking place to visit.

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Re: Italy Seaplanebase Comer See

Postby skimmerone » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:31 am

What memories that evokes. In 2005 we stayed for a week at Aero Club Como. What a lovely place. And what wonderful people. The experience is still firmly planted in our minds. What scenery. Since I specialize in Lake amphibians I gave a short ground school to their instructors and then had the pleasure of flying with several of their pilots in their Lake Renegade up and down beautiful Lake Como. We hope some day to get back over. The experience is still most vivid...sitting at the lake shore watching the club's Cessnas take passenger hops, and chatting with club members on the deck. We had thought to take the train to Switzerland, but just couldn't leave the shores of Como.
skimmerone

Return to Flying Boat Bases - New and Old