Revells latest

What's coming, what's out and what you have heard that's coming later...........

Revells latest

Postby Cameraman » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Good Afternoon Chaps & Chapesses,

just heard that my latest order's just arrived at my local stockist.

My prayers have been answered, as Revell have launched their 1/32nd scale Piper PA18-150 on floats! According to my bloke at the shop, she's beautiful and I can't wait to collect her tomorrow.

Has anyone else bought this rascal yet?

Regards

Reggie

Bryan, how the heck do I move this to the float plane section?
Cameraman

Re: Revells latest

Postby oceanskimmer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:21 pm

hi

yes i have one on order, i would be intrested to see any photos of the built kit or any colour scheme options.

Regards
oceanskimmer
oceanskimmer

Postby Cameraman » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Hi Oceanskimmer,

here's some shots of the parts for you, just awaiting some eager attention.

The numbers of changes compared with the earlier PA18 Super Cub, none float kit, is quite a surprise to me.

Hope these are of interest to you.

regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Postby oceanskimmer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:44 pm

Hi

Thanks.

Great kit.

Do you just build floatplane kits or flying boats as well ?

regards
Oceanskimmer
oceanskimmer

Postby Cameraman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi Oceanskimmer,

It's all bloody Bryan's fault!

I couple of years ago I went down to Bryan & Sandy's for the big wedding and, what did he want to do for his 'stag night', well he wanted to visit Hendon Air Museum, followed by a visit to the local model emporium.

So Bryan, a lovely mate of his from Ireland, and myself spent a fabulous 'lads day' and when we got to Hannants he decided to buy me a pressie (as I refused to charge him for the wedding photo's). He bought me the stunning Czech Model 1/48th scale Grumman Goose. The last time I'd built a model I was about 14 years old and now, being 47, you can see there's been a massive gap. So rather than trash such a lovely kit I decided to get a few basic models and practise my skills, prior to attempting the Goose. A mate of mine works at a local general shop, who also stocks some models and when he discovered my love of Piper Cubs, he decided to order Revells 1/32 scale beauty. Now that's been sat on top of my cabinet, with me hoping that a set of floats could be ordered, only to find that Revell did the honourable thing and released this kit. A few cheap kits were bought, for practise and have yet to be started.

Now, I have no excuse to get my act together and start building! I've never even tried to use an air brush yet, so a steep learning curve's in order and I'm sure the regulars here will put up with my questions, which I'm sure will saturate Bryan's bandwidth! There are glues that I've never heard of, techniques that mean nothing to me (what the heck's all this about 'Future' for example) and builds that I reckon should be in museums, they're that good (which I'll never be able to match).

My passion is for flying boats but they'll be a long way down the line before I can honestly do them justice!

How about yourself?
Cameraman

Postby TASSE » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi dont use glue be like the pro's and use chloroform its easier and cleaner, no mess.

Get yourself a motorbike kit and try it on that. If kids can do it then so can you.

Cheers. TASSE.
TASSE

Postby Cameraman » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:28 am

Hi Tasse,

that sounds like a good idea, after all the parts fit must be easier than the joint filled aircraft and there's a lot less to paint!
Cameraman

Postby TASSE » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:30 pm

If you cant get chlori then look up EMA Model Supplies Ltd on the Net & get some liquid solvent cement.

With either of these just hold the two parts together and run the liquid down the seam with a tiny brush (dont over do it) & hold together for about a minute & its stuck for good.

There are solvents for all plastics and these are used for "welding" them together.

Hope all this helps.

TASSE.
TASSE

Postby Cameraman » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi Tasse,

what a great idea.

Any other pointers for us newbies?

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Postby TASSE » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Give me a shout when you start to paint it.

TASSE.
TASSE

Next

Return to Model Kits - New Releases and Rumours