Supermarine S5 in 1/48th

What's coming, what's out and what you have heard that's coming later...........

Supermarine S5 in 1/48th

Postby Guildman » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi all,
I am starting a wee project with my older son who has a couple of vac-forming machines.
I am starting with a Fairey FD2, but Number 2 is to be a Schneider Trophy plane and I'm thinking either a Gloster 4 or the S5.
All the models will be in 148th scale. Not a rapid pace of releases as I have to earn a living and we both have to learn the process of making and using female moulds, but along the line will be a Waco Custom Cabin on floats and skis (thanks for all the guff, Lars!)and a Short Sealand, (thanks Bryan and Neil).
Don't know when yet. I have to do the masters and we have to find a source of plastic sheet near my son in Berwick-upon-Tweed as transport would make it very expensive.
The aim is to produce relatively cheap, but very accurate models for the more adventurous model maker, with white metal details, rather than resin if possible as we are having trouble finding reliable resin moulders right now. Whereas I know w/m casters from years back. Masters for the w/m wil be my usual brass.
I will do the instruction leaflets and where nothing exists, the decal a/w, but heaven knows where I will get them printed at a reasonable cost like I always did for my model car kits!

They will be known as Guild Aero Models, an echo of the Guild Master Models tag borne by my old model car kit range of the late 80s.

More news as it happens.

Martin
Guildman

Re: Supermarine S5 in 1/48th

Postby Guildman » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:51 pm

I should have added that £1 from every kit will go to Bryan's Seawings website as a thankyou for all his and his members' help with info.

Martin
Guildman

Re: Supermarine S5 in 1/48th

Postby Cameraman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:17 am

Hi Martin,

good luck with your venture and should you ever decide to do a DHC-2 Beaver, on floats, then I'll be customer number one, as that's the only aircraft I model.

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Return to Model Kits - New Releases and Rumours