Italeri SUnderland Mk 1

What's coming, what's out and what you have heard that's coming later...........

Italeri SUnderland Mk 1

Postby Cameraman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:53 am

Mornin' Guys n Gals,

I just read that the long awaited Italeri, 1/72 scale Sunderland Mk1 kit is due for sale later this month.

Go on Bryan, you know you want one (unless you've already bagged one from them)?

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Re: Italeri SUnderland Mk 1

Postby seawings » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi Reggie,

Nope, I don't 'bag' anything unfortunately; have to buy it like everyone else........

Would be very interested in seeing it as I have a few mental issues with it form the photo's I've seen and want to see itf it's the pics or the model that's wrong.

I will get one though!
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Postby sunderlandmr5 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:14 am

seawings wrote:Hi Reggie

Nope, I don't 'bag' anything unfortunately; have to buy it like everyone else........

Would be very interested in seeing it as I have a few mental issues with it form the photo's I've seen and want to see itf it's the pics or the model that's wrong.

I will get one though!

Hi Bryan/Reggie

Ditto for your comments Bryan, don't know if its the Web photos or the model (though there are
certainly issues with the model, like the open bomb tracks if you leave the bomb racks inside the fuselage etc etc), but
definately will get one though, will do one for 204 Squadron West Africa, had Kiwi's crewing them.

Regards

Alan
sunderlandmr5

Postby sunderlandmr5 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 am

Hi All
You may have seen this/or not?

Cybermodel Review (the reviewer has changed his original comments -The one's in Red)
The guy really knows nothing about Sunderlands (especially going by his original comments :roll: )

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/ ... 1302.shtml

Here is a Link to OOB build by the same reviewer
http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/build ... 1302.shtml

For anyone wanting to build an OOB model it should be fine! :?

For the more serious modeller (especialy those of us who LOVE the Sunderland, there are some issues
The perforated bow area bow doesn't extend past the Forward Bulkhead (which should be closing off the toilet etc )
and the lower deck is actually lower than the bow decking

The Bomb bay roof is a little too high, as in this photo, it is only just a little
higher than the bomb bay doors tops

The rear bulkhead of the bomb bay had a knee knocker type thing in the lower door section
WHY??? No such thing on the real Aircraft. And the pattern on the rear bomb bay bulkhead doesn't exist.

No rear deck if you choose to leave the rear main hatch open

If you plan on leaving the forward hatch there should be a porthole directly opposite
which brings me to the Portholes, Italeri have only put in 9 (nine) portholes on
the Starboard side when there should be 10 (Ten)!
For a Mk I there should be 3 Portholes aft of the bomb bay (Sooo you could make this a Mk II!!!)

It's a pity Italeri didn't include the entire flight deck.

The main Beaching gear appears to sit too far out form the fuselage sides, but I will have to
get a Kit to be certain.

The Propellers look a bit short to, but again I need to get the kit to be sure.

I'm definately going to but one, but I will replace Italeri's interior with my own I think :D

Regards

Alan
sunderlandmr5

Return to Model Kits - New Releases and Rumours