Matchbox Stranear Progress

This section is for discussion about kits in all scales - 1/144th, 1/72nd, 1/48th, 1/32nd, 1/24th(!) etc

Re: Matchbox Stranear Progress

Postby solidmodeler » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:33 pm

Maybe it's too late now, but have a look at the walkaround photos of the Stranrear and Walrus at the seawings site. A few glimpses of the interior color there...
I like the interior work you've done, especially the t-square and triangle.
http://www.seawings.co.uk/StranraerWRgal.htm
http://www.seawings.co.uk/WalrusWRgal.htm
solidmodeler

Sharing

Postby Arkonbey » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:12 am

The model itself is in a rather boring state, at least as far as viewing goes. It's just assembling the fuselage and filling the seams right now. I ran into a snag on the upper wing. Who at matchbox thought of a) making a three-piece wing for no real reason and b) making the tabs that hold the long wing sections to the center only 3mm deep. I had to cut away the tabs, carve slots and install an 130mm spar to keep the wings from flopping (the need for seam-filling negated letting the spars take the load.

All that said, the real reason for this post is to share with anyone who wants it: my templates for a replacement instrument panel. These are identical to the what I used to assemble the replacement seen in earlier posts. Here's a high-res JPEG. It should print out to scale. If the resolution isn't good enough with the JPEG, shoot me an email and I'll send you a 300dpi PDF.

At any rate, it'll be better than that awful kit offering.

later.
Arkonbey

Re: Matchbox Stranear Progress

Postby dogsbody » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Thanks. That's very generous of you.

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"
dogsbody

Previous