Model Kits

This section is for discussion about kits in all scales - 1/144th, 1/72nd, 1/48th, 1/32nd, 1/24th(!) etc

Model Kits

Postby oceanskimmer » Fri May 01, 2009 8:51 pm

hi does anyone know of any lists that exist of 1/48 ,1/144 scale flying boat and seaplane model kits ( Injection, resin or vac form)

Thanks

Oceanskimmer
oceanskimmer

Re: Model Kits

Postby seawings » Sat May 02, 2009 8:55 pm

For up to date stuff, check the Hannants web site - they have a listing. I only bothered with 1/72 scale as when i started there were no 1/48 or 1/144 scale kits..................
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Postby deckape » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Ahoy

To my Knowlwdge there are 2 Manufactures that produce 1/48 scale Flying Boats, Revell Monogram make the PBY Catalina Roberts Models make Combat Vacuform kit of the Sunderland, :D
deckape

Postby MrWidgeon » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:52 am

Czech Models has done the Grumman JRF Goose and Classic Airframes did the J4F Widgeon/Gosling, both in 1/48th scale.
AZ Models is now selling the Widgeon/Gosling kit since Classic Airframes has gone dormant for economic reasons.
There are several float planes in 1/48th scale including the Czech Model Curtiss Seamew, Tamiya Swordfish, Tamiya and Hasegawa both do a Rufe.
Hasegawa recently released the Pete (VERY nice) and Tamiya has released the Seiran and Kyofu, all in 1/48th scale.
Nichimo has done a Jake, though it's rather old and kind of crude (Lone Star Models is about to release an update for the Jake including a whole new fuselage with interior).
Other oldies are the Hawk/Testors Curtiss R3C racer, Ryan ST-M on floats and the Monogram Cessna 180 on floats (it's about 1/40th scale though).
All of the above are injection molded, the Goose, Widgeon and Seamew have resin detail parts.
There have been a couple resin conversion sets to make the Grumman Wildcat on floats (the Wildcatfish).
Other high end resin kits of some of the Schneider Cup racers have been done in the past and are collectors items now.
I know I've forgotten a few others in there too.
Happy Hunting ! :)
In water flying attitude is everything
MrWidgeon

Postby pbhawkin » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:39 am

Oceanskimmer,
A bit belated but here is a comprehensive list of 1/144 seaplanes and flying boats.
The list was originally compiled by Graham Mason in Melbourne(2007) and I have added to it.

A word (2007) .DOC file is available from me if preferred (for ease of editing). I was unable to find a way to upload a DOC file.
Regards
Peter
Mudgee, Australia
www.petersplanes.com
pbhawkin

Return to General Discussion - Scale Model Plastic and Resin Kits