chalk,s 3 turbine mallards

The source for references and discussion on all types & marques of this Grumman amphibian: photos, plans, manual pages & documents.

Re: chalk,s 3 turbine mallards

Postby skywonders » Sun May 19, 2013 11:12 pm

Does anyone have any old pictures of N300S or N777PV I now have the plane and would like to gather some old photos of it. Haven't used this forum before but you can contact me at skywonders@aol.com

Thank You Lance
skywonders

Postby skywonders » Sun May 19, 2013 11:20 pm

Does anyone have any pictures of N300S or N777PV the Turbine Mallard from Freeport Sulfur or Precision Valve? If so please email me and let me know.

Lance at skywonders@aol.com
skywonders

Postby MrWidgeon » Sun May 19, 2013 11:56 pm

You came to the right place.
Welcome Aboard.

Email sent.

Bill
In water flying attitude is everything
MrWidgeon

Postby Rajay » Mon May 20, 2013 8:02 pm

New owner/registrant (as of Feb. 28, 2013) "Centerline Holdings Inc." is a Delaware-registered company (i.e. tax shelter?) but the last I heard, this aircraft was in no condition to go anywhere due to the need to have its entire wing center section repaired and rebuilt - which was conservatively estimated to cost in the neighborhood of $750K just for the repairs. Where was it last - somewhere in Florida, either at Mirabella Aviation in Ft. Pierce or Courtesy in West Palm Beach?

So, please don't keep us in the dark about it; what do you have going on with it? Will it be repaired and resurrected to airworthy status anytime soon? All of us Grumman "waterbird" geeks want to know... :D

Besides which, I consider it to be a "cousin" of my "pet" turbine Gooses; not only did the Precision Valve Corporation of Yonkers, NY own G-73T N777PV (s/n J-49), they were also the first owner (after McKinnon himself that is) of McKinnon G-21D "Hybrid" Turboprop Goose N150M (s/n 1251) from December 1966 until May 1974.

N150M was not only the very first full Goose conversion done by McKinnon (in 1957-1958, converting N709, ex-FWS JRF-6B s/n 1147, into a four-engine McKinnon G-21C, s/n 1201) it was also later (in June 1960) re-converted by means of a 36-inch longer nose that included 4 extra passenger seats and windows into the first and only McKinnon model G-21D (as s/n 1251) and then again in the 1965-1966 time frame, it was the subject of McKinnon's very first turbine Goose conversion during which its four 340 hp Lycoming GSO-480-B2D6 geared, supercharged, piston engines were removed and replaced with two 550 shp PT6A-20 turbines and new electric Alvarez-Calderon wing flaps, etc.
Rajay

Postby joe » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:26 pm

I worked on 300S, J49 from 1981 to 1988 and have some images attached. Some of these I took and some I found. There are more but I have to scan some slides and negatives. I also have some images of J49 when Precision Valve owned it. Someone sent me these and they probably found them on line. If they belong to someone, just let me know and I will remove them or give credit.

Last edited by joe on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
joe

Postby MrWidgeon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi Joe, Welcome Aboard.
I knew J-49 as N300S waaay back when and would be interested in seeing anything you have on it or any of the Grumman boats.
Sad to say the 3 you posted here are corrupted and not visible.
I hope we can get that cleared up soon.
How are you posting them, direct from your computer or via a photo hosting service like Photobucket ?
If you need help you can send me a PM or try through this page, Bryan can help also.

Bill
In water flying attitude is everything
MrWidgeon

Postby seawings » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi Bill,

I have emailed Joe to see if I can help. Doesn't look like a forum issue as other images are being posted satisfactorily, could be simply that the wrong link is being used? We'll sort it!
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Postby Rajay » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:07 pm

What's the deal with linking or sending the photos as "attachments"? I don't remember ever even seeing an option for that. If they're already online or uploaded to a hosting site, then he needs only to provide a link to each one inside of a set of "img" commands inline with his message - like this:

You can "quote" me to see the raw text of the "img" link...
Rajay

Postby joe » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:45 pm

I worked for Freeport during the 80's on 300S. It was quite some time ago alright. Does anyone know if J-49 is still for sale?

Your link shows that it does not have to be photo bucket. Is that correct? I could put them on a web page and link to that, right?
joe

Postby seawings » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:01 pm

joe wrote:I worked for Freeport during the 80's on 300S. It was quite some time ago alright. Does anyone know if J-49 is still for sale?

Your link shows that it does not have to be photo bucket. Is that correct? I could put them on a web page and link to that, right?

Yes, Joe, you are correct; you can link to/from any external source.
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Grumman G-73 Mallard Reference Archive