End of an era! PenAir and PASCo Gooses have been retired

The source for references and discussion on all types & marques of this Grumman amphibian: photos, plans, manual pages & documents.

Re: End of an era! PenAir and PASCo Gooses have been retire

Postby seawings » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:03 am

Gord21 wrote:Hi Bill:

Yes - spares for now. There is some thought that, if business requires, we might get HUZ going again next year. One of our Pilots has some talent with a camera. I'll ask him to take some new photos of the fleet and send to Bryan for the website.

Gord

O.M.G. Yeeeess please. Especially the interior, the oleos, the engines, props, compartments.....I feel a full walk-round coming on! Oh, you lucky people to be able to just breeze up with a camera and spend some time just walking around such a magnificent craft. I am so dead jealous! :) What I would give for that just one-time........
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Postby Aeromarino » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:13 am

This is incredibly good news, Gord21. Is it possible to get to know more about where and when C-GDDJ and C-FUAZ will fly? Is scheduled air service in preparation?
Aeromarino

Postby Gord21 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:52 pm

Those two Gooses have been flying for about 6 weeks now. We operate a regular scheduled service, seven days a week, along the inlets in the central coast of British Columbia. We also do on demand charters. Our customers are mostly forestry workers, aboriginals, and sport fishermen. Occasionally we book a round trip seat on our sched for folks who just want to go for a ride in these amazing airplanes.
Gord21

Previous

Return to Grumman G-21 Goose Reference Archive