ex-N4575C to Ossie Kilkenny in Dublin, Ireland

The source for references and discussion on all types & marques of this Grumman amphibian: photos, plans, manual pages & documents.

ex-N4575C to Ossie Kilkenny in Dublin, Ireland

Postby Rajay » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:47 pm

I was just curious if anyone (especially a Goose enthusiast on that side of the "pond") knew anything about the current registration status of
Grumman G-21A Goose c/n B-120.

According to the FAA registration database, in the last year or so N4575C was officially sold to:

Osmond J. Kilkenny
44 James Place East
Dublin, Ireland

As a foreign national, he is not eligible to keep it registered as N4575C in the US.

According to the FAA registration database, its US certificate of registration has been cancelled or terminated - but there is no new record of it being registered in Ireland - at least that I have been able to find. (I just downloaded and checked the "current" Irish civil aircraft registry in Excel spreadsheet form from http://www.iaa.ie/index.jsp?p=321&n=388 and it is not listed there. In fact, the only Grumman aircraft in Ireland is apparently EI-BMV, a 1972 model AA-5.)

Besides, it was about time something new was posted here!!!!
Rajay

Re: ex-N4575C to Ossie Kilkenny in Dublin, Ireland

Postby Rajay » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:29 pm

Really? Nobody knows nothing about it, huh?
Rajay

Postby seawings » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Hey Rajay,

Have patience..............

In Ireland, it takes a lifetime just to pour a Guinness........ ;)
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Postby Rajay » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:24 pm

A Google search revealed a notation about this particular Goose on Steinar Saevdal's Web site here:

http://www.seabee.info/seaplanes/seaplanes_ireland.htm

It listed Grumman G-21A Goose s/n B-120 (ex-N4575C) as being operated / maintained / hangared / managed (whatever) at:

National Flight Centre
Weston Executive Airport
Leixlip, Co. Kildare
Ireland

So, I used their general contact e-mail address and wrote to them to see if they can tell me how and as what it is now registered since being officially de-registered as N4575C in the US. We'll see if that gets me anywhere...
Rajay

Postby Rajay » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:35 am

Well, I still haven't gotten an answer from anyone, much less someone who is actually involved with this Goose. Of curiosity to me recently however was a photo posted on one of the many Internet aviation photo databasse Web sites that shows N4575C (still painted up that way anyway) at Weston (EIWT) on July 13, 2013 even though it was officially de-registered from the FAA Registry in the US on April 1, 2013 due to its recent "sale" to a foreign national. Go figure!

Here's the photo:

I contacted the photographer, Arek Sieracki in Dublin, to see if he knows anything more about it, but I haven't heard back from him yet....
Rajay

Postby DavidLegg » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Just to add that during a brief stop-over at Dublin-Weston in Catalina G-PBYA on Saturday (as part of Project Hawker 2013), I observed that this Goose is still in residence and I was told that it was out of CoA and was unlikely to have it renewed anytime soon due to cost.
David Legg
Editor: The Catalina News, The Catalina Society
Author: Consolidated PBY Catalina - The Peacetime Record
DavidLegg

Postby Cameraman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi David,

thanks for the update.

Regards

Reggie
Cameraman

Postby Rajay » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Did your source mention any specific issues they were having with it?

Anything in particular that was broken or corroded and needed to be replaced, for example?

It has been said that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. I can't help them out if they don't ask for help and let me know what the problem is. It's not like Frakes Aviation in Cleburne, TX, the current owner of the type certificate for the Grumman G-21A (ATC-654) is doing anything to support the type, so I do my best to fill the void.... :ugeek:
Rajay

Postby DavidLegg » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Rajay wrote:Did your source mention any specific issues they were having with it?

Anything in particular that was broken or corroded and needed to be replaced, for example?

It has been said that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. I can't help them out if they don't ask for help and let me know what the problem is. It's not like Frakes Aviation in Cleburne, TX, the current owner of the type certificate for the Grumman G-21A (ATC-654) is doing anything to support the type, so I do my best to fill the void.... :ugeek:

Rajay - it was a very quick stopover. I didn't even go over to the Goose but it happened that someone connected with the aircraft briefly came on board G-PBYA and I asked about its current status. Sorry I cannot fill your void.
David Legg
Editor: The Catalina News, The Catalina Society
Author: Consolidated PBY Catalina - The Peacetime Record
DavidLegg

Return to Grumman G-21 Goose Reference Archive