J2F Duck floats for sale

The source for references and discussion on all types & marques of this Grumman amphibian: photos, plans, manual pages & documents.

J2F Duck floats for sale

Postby Rajay » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:12 pm

It just hurt me to see that nothing new has been posted to this forum in almost 3 years! I hope a little commercial sales notice won't offend anyone.

I talked to John Pletcher of Anchorage, AK last month about joining and participating in a Goose Owners' Club to provide mutual technical support, etc. John owns a very nice old Goose, N703 (c/n B-81) that he has finished in a WW2 USN/USCG medium blue over light gray "patrol" scheme. He also has a set of external racks mounted just outboard of the engine nacelles carrying auxilliary fuel tanks. The Goose was also capable of using those racks to carry and drop 250 lb GP (general purpose) bombs or 325 lb depth charges.

In any case, John mentioned to me that he also has a set of spare Duck wingtip balance floats for sale. He thought that they might be usable on the Goose (they appear to be very similar) but it turned out that they have different fittings. So, they are for sale if any other current Duck owner needs a set, evenif only as spares.
Rajay

Re: J2F Duck floats for sale

Postby MrWidgeon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:04 am

I was told many years ago that the Duck float was usable on a Goose with a change in fittings and that McKinnon preferred using Duck floats in his retractable float system.
True False, I don't know, but that's what I was told by someone that should know.

Sidebar: I've seen John Pletcher's Goose and it is a thing of beauty.
Check the Goose Archive.

Bill
In water flying attitude is everything
MrWidgeon

Return to Grumman J2F Duck Reference Archive