USCGS Edisto Duck

The source for references and discussion on all types & marques of this Grumman amphibian: photos, plans, manual pages & documents.

USCGS Edisto Duck

Postby justplanecrazy » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:44 pm

Operation Windmill, the icebreaker USS 'Edisto' embarked a J2F-6 Duck for observation and rescue duties.#3.jpg
Operation Windmill, the icebreaker USS 'Edisto' embarked a J2F-6 Duck for observation and rescue duties.#3.jpg (243.61 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Operation Windmill, the icebreaker USS 'Edisto' embarked a J2F-6 Duck for observation and rescue duties.#3.jpg
Operation Windmill, the icebreaker USS 'Edisto' embarked a J2F-6 Duck for observation and rescue duties.#3.jpg (243.61 KiB) Viewed 262 times
I wonder if anyone on here can help. I discovered these two images of a Grumman J2F-6 Duck on USCGS Edisio an icebreaker. Now I would like to make a model of this Duck but cannot find any other images. I suspect it has a Yellow centre wing section on an otherwise Gloss Sea Blue finish, but would like to confirm this with other photos. Can anyone help?
Attachments
Operation Windmill, the icebreaker USS 'Edisto' embarked a J2F-6 Duck for observation and rescue duties.#2.jpg
Operation Windmill, the icebreaker USS 'Edisto' embarked a J2F-6 Duck for observation and rescue duties.#2.jpg (62.61 KiB) Viewed 261 times
justplanecrazy

Re: USCGS Edisto Duck

Postby dogsbody » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:29 pm

I can't see the photos. All I can see is a long, rectangular box with this in it:

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"
dogsbody

Re: USCGS Edisto Duck

Postby longshot » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:27 am

Remarkably a 10-year old thread about Antarctic Operation Windmill on the otherwise very scuppered Key Aero Forum comes to the rescue
from https://www.key.aero/forum/historic-avi ... lishrussia

And we don't even have to right-click :-)

And a Russian site has a colour scan from an Air Enthusiast magazine which you will have to right-click!
longshot

Return to Grumman J2F Duck Reference Archive