A Pilot’s Story by George Stead

This section is for discussions on biographies relating to persons associated with flying boats. Original manuscripts, stories from surviving flight and ground crew, good books, in-fact anything about the people behind the craft.

A Pilot’s Story by George Stead

Postby crgstead » Mon May 11, 2020 8:17 am

I recently completed the private publication of my father George Stead’s memoirs which covers his forty years flying from 1928 in New Zealand to retiring in 1963 from BOAC. His account includes chapters of his time with Coastal Command in the North Atlantic, Mediterranean and Gambia, and in 1941 his appointment as Chief Flying Instructor at No. 4 OTU in Invergordon. He also recounts his time after the war flying Sunderlands with BOAC out of Poole Harbour to the Far East including the NZ flight 1946 with Lord Winster.

My father wrote his memoirs after he retired but sadly did not manage to have them published in his lifetime and this publication is very much a personal mission for him. Please visit my website www.cdarts.co.uk for further details and a chance to purchase a copy.

Richard Stead
crgstead

Return to Biographies