July 1993 Air International Vol. 45 No. 1

This the section for swapping info on good magazine articles over the years: preferably scans, if you have them available.

July 1993 Air International Vol. 45 No. 1

Postby Rajay » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:18 am

Does anyone have (or the ability to scan) a digital copy of the following article?

Francillon, René J. and Gary L. Killion. "Sauce for the Goose - turbine style". Air International, July 1993, Vol. 45, No 1. Stamford, UK: Key Publishing. pp. 53–57. ISSN 0306-5634.

It is cited as the source of a lot of the incorrect (IMPO) information that is in the Wikipedia article on the Grumman Goose, especially in regard to the McKinnon turbine conversions. For example, the article in Air International (and in Wikipedia) states that the Garrett-powered Fish & Wildlife Service Goose was a model "G-21F". The "G-21F" was never certified or approved under McKinnon's type certificate (4A24) and that FWS Goose (N780 at the time; still flying today as N221AG) was nominally built as a highly modified McKinnon G-21G - but it was never a basic McKinnon G-21G in the first place (so how can it be a highly modified G-21G?) and McKinnon never actually worked on it. The FWS guys in Anchorage designed it and built it and then one day just started calling it a "McKinnon G-21G." What a joke!

Sorry about the rant. It's a sore spot with me.

In any case, any help obtaining a digital copy of the article would be greatly appreciated!

BTW: I'm new to the forum and this is my first post...
Rajay

Re: July 1993 Air International Vol. 45 No. 1

Postby MrWidgeon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Got ya covered Dave.
I'll scan it this evening and send it along in an email.
In water flying attitude is everything
MrWidgeon

Return to Flying Boat Magazine Articles