Antilles Air Boats - "A look at a time gone by"

Martin Seamaster through to the Canadair CL-215 & 415 and the Shinmaiwa US-1.

Antilles Air Boats - "A look at a time gone by"

Postby Anusewicz » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:36 pm

It's never to late to tell a story... I have recently started a new website on Antilles Air Boats - U.S. Virgin Islands, the worlds largest seaplane airline. This is a work in progress project and as a past employee I joined with others from AAB to try to make this as comprehensive and as interesting as possible. We thought it would be a good time to share with the members of The Flying Boat Forum. Check out... www.antillesairboats.com

The website has many pages on the aircraft operated by Antilles Air Boats from 1964 to 1981 and the people that worked there over those years. Charles F. Blair Jr. was truly a pioneer in aviation and his wife Maureen O'Hara truly made them a dynamic duo.

This year marks my 50 years in aviation and I am finally taking time to document some of those great years.

www.antillesairboats.com

Mahalo and Aloha,
Tom Anusewicz
Honolulu, Hawaii (always an island guy)
Anusewicz

Re: Antilles Air Boats - "A look at a time gone by"

Postby DavidLegg » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi Tom - nice site! By coincidence, a colleague had alerted me to it at the weekend. I have a few items of feedback re the Catalinas so will be in touch in due course.
David Legg
Editor: The Catalina News, The Catalina Society
Author: Consolidated PBY Catalina - The Peacetime Record
DavidLegg

Postby geoffreybe » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:47 am

Anusewicz wrote:Antilles Air Boats - U.S. Virgin Islands, the worlds largest seaplane airline.

I think that the largest seaplane airlines are the Trans Maldivian Airways.
geoffreybe

Postby Anusewicz » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:23 pm

geoffreybe: You are correct. Trans Maldivian Airways today flies 100,000 flights per year with 44 aircraft. Antilles Air Boats used the tag line "World largest Seaplane Airline" during the height of operations mid to late 70's. Peaking at about 50,000 flights a year.
Anusewicz

Return to 1945 - Post War up to Today's Modern Aviation