Alphonse Tellier: Le Fana articles

From Curtiss through to the Felixstowe 'boats

Alphonse Tellier: Le Fana articles

Postby AquilaAudax » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:23 am

Hello Seawings

I am trying to find information about the Nieuport-Tellier 1000cv 'Haute Mer' flying boat that appeared at the end of WW1 and on into the early 1920's (?). I understand that a series of articles by Michel Borget, about Alphonse Tellier and his aircraft, appeared in Le Fanatique issues 318 to 321 (1996/05 - 1996/08).

Does anyone have, or have access to, those issues and is able to scan the relevant bits and send them to me ?

Thank you, in advance.

Cheers

Aquila Audax
AquilaAudax

Re: Alphonse Tellier: Le Fana articles

Postby jpj17 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:44 pm

Hello AquilaAudax,

I am new on this forum. Do you still need this information about the Nieuport-Tellier 1000cv 'Haute Mer' flying boat ? I am a voluntary in the ANAMAN (Association Nationale des Amis du Musée de l'Aéronautique Navale) in Rochefort and partly in charge of the documentation of our museum. We have the full series of "Le fanatique de l'aviation" magazine, so let me know.

Best regards

jpj17
jpj17

Postby AquilaAudax » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:43 am

hello jpj17,

It is great to hear from you on the other side of the world. I live in Perth, Western Australia, which is a pleasant 31°C with a sea breeze as I sit in my shorts at the computer. I trust you have not suffered adversely from the bad weather sweeping Europe.

I am writing a book about Trimotors and rely heavily on articles in Le Fana and Les Ailes for historical information about the relevant French aircraft.

I have a scan of the article by Michel Borget on the Tellier aircraft which I presume is all that is in Le Fana. I will have a look at the extracts that I have from Le Fana for the other trimotors and contact you to get scans of the relevant sections.

Cheers

Aquila Audax
AquilaAudax

Postby jpj17 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:43 am

Hello AquilaAudax,

Enjoy the weather in Australia. Here we have rain and storm and rain again! In case you are interested we have a few other french magazine series but they are not complete:
- Aero Journal
- Air Magazine
- Avions
- Marine,
- etc.

Regards

jpj17
jpj17

Postby DavidLegg » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:26 pm

jp17 - could you contact me on pby5@btinternet.com please - thanks.
David Legg
Editor: The Catalina News, The Catalina Society
Author: Consolidated PBY Catalina - The Peacetime Record
DavidLegg

Return to Early Days to the end of World War One - 1918