BUY/SELL/SWOP/TRADE - The Rules:

Please read the rules posting here prior to commencing posting in any of these galleries. Thank you.

BUY/SELL/SWOP/TRADE - The Rules:

Postby seawings » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi All,

It has become apparent over the past few months, via requests I have received, that some members have items relating to flying boats/seaplanes that they wish to sell, trade, swop or are seeking to purchase, so I thought I would add this section to the forum to help them out.

However, in doing so I feel I must add a few general rules for members to follow, so that things run smoothly:

1) Each and every item MUST be flying boat (or seaplane) related. By that I mean that each individual item is, or could reasonably be, of particular interest to members of this Flying Boat Forum including its section featuring Seaplanes). General items that appear not to be so related will be deleted immediately and the poster warned. This section can be used for actual parts, scale model kits, books, magazines, reference material, manuals - indeed, anything of that nature, and I am happy to allow our members with commercial concerns, eg: our Unit/Squadron Badge manufacturing member access, as any flying boat Unit/Squadron badge can be legitimately produced by him, for any member to purchase.

2) This section is specifically for members to post their Wants/Trades/Swops/For Sales etc for other members to view. I'm happy for sensible questions concerning each posted item to be asked within each posting thread by any interested member but any and all agreements to purchase and actual details relating to that sale or purchase MUST be conducted 'Off-Forum' between the parties by email or PM - NOT through these postings. Any discussions of that sort will be deleted by myself or my Moderator 'Dogsbody'. The reason for this is simply that the rest of us don't want long threads concerning haggling that may contain pertinent and sensitive information between members and also that I don't want our valuable hosting space taken up when the actual Sell/Swop/Trade/Buy has already been agreed. Members are asked to delete their postings once the 'deal' has been done.

3) Neither this Forum, it's Owner, Moderator or Hosting company will accept any responsibility for any purchase, trade, swop or sale, howsoever undertaken, at any time. This section exists simply to put any interested parties together; beyond that, it is up to each of them individually as to what happens after that. Any descriptions of items related to this section are the responsibility of the individual poster and particularly, the potential buyer or recipient. The adage, 'Buyer Beware' is asked to be the watchword for this section in the event that an item is miss-described as is 'Not My Fault' if it all goes wrong. You have been warmed!

4) Pictures of any items may be added into any post as long as it is a picture of the ACTUAL item wherever possible. Posters, please respect this section and describe your items as genuinely as possible, for other fellow members to read.

5) On no account will Admin put up with derogatory comments being posted concerning any party which fails to adhere to the routine conditions of any deal; that includes non-delivery, non-payment and false descriptions. Anyone with any issue such as this is welcome to advise Forum Admin by PM or email ONLY - not through posting on this Forum - but that will be so the original post may be removed by Admin, not for any other reason. Item 3) above should be re-read in the event that anything untoward occurs.

6) Finally, Admin will keep a watching brief over this section to ensure, as far as we are able, that it runs smoothly in the manner to which we believe it should, but should it be abused, then that would leave us no choice but to have this whole section removed at the click of an button, and put it down to a bad idea. So, we will start in the belief that each of our members are decent, trustworthy, individuals and are capable of making this section work. So, it's over to you now.....
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Re: BUY/SELL/SWOP/TRADE - The Rules:

Postby dogsbody » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:14 pm

Message received and understood, Skipper.

Chris, The Moderator.
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"
dogsbody

Postby MrWidgeon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:36 am

Sounds fair to me.

Bill
In water flying attitude is everything
MrWidgeon

Postby seawings » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks Guys.

Well, we'll see how it goes.............
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans
Owner of:

The Flying Boat Forum
SEAWINGS - The Website

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back".
Howard Hughes, re: the HK-1 Hughes Flying Boat, aka the 'Spruce Goose,' 1946.
seawings
Site Admin

Return to PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE COMMENCING BUY/SELL/SWOP/TRADE FIRST.....